Civitella Ranieri

Civitella Ranieri
  Fellows' Forum

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Announcing Civitella Interns for the 2015 Season



Civitella is pleased to welcome Laura Heppell, Ilaria Locchi, and Julia Wilcox as our 2015 Interns.  Interns at Civitella are a treasured and integral part of our community and daily life.  They provide assistance with library functions, the meal program, excursions, presentations, and exhibitions at the Castle, working with both Executive Director Dana Prescott and Program Coordinator Diego Mencaroni on a variety of special projects built around individual interests, experience, goals, and skills.

Chosen from a pool of over 120 international candidates, three interns will join us at Civitella for the 2015 season.  

Laura Heppell, Civitella Ranieri Intern 2015

Laura Heppell is an American student from California who has been studying in Perugia for eight months.  Her language skills are excellent and she is happy to extend her Italian stay.  She wrote, " I realized I couldn't bear to part with Italy, and I was very fortunate to find a new home at Civitella!"  Laura looks forward to meeting, connecting with, and working alongside the Fellows and Staff.
 
Ilaria Locchi, Civitella Ranieri Intern 2015
 
Ilaria Locchi, who lives in Umbertide, studied ancient literature at the University of Perugia. 
For the last six years, she has worked with a women’s basketball team based in Umbertide.
Of her upcoming internship at Civitella she wrote, " I have lived my entire life just ten minutes from Civitella so I am very familiar with this area. I know these hills and I know how much peace and beauty one can breathe in from this region. I look forward to meeting and working with all the Fellows and I will love seeing how this landscape might inspire them."
 
Julia Wilcox, Civitella Ranieri Intern 2015
 
Julia Guerrini Maraldi Wilcox graduated from Bennington College in May. Fluent in Italian and French, she is presently living in Provence working at the Galerie Huit.  She writes, "Having a large family in central Italy, I look forward to discovering the inspirational beauty of the Umbrian countryside, continuing to develop my love for Italian culture, and to eat the world's best cuisine of course."

No comments:

Post a Comment