Civitella Ranieri

Civitella Ranieri
  Fellows' Forum

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Announcing Civitella Interns for the 2014 Season

Civitella is pleased to welcome Hope Campbell Gustafson, Francesco Candelori, and Kate Davis as our 2014 Interns.  Interns at Civitella are a treasured and integral part of our community and daily life.  They provide assistance with library functions, the meal program, excursions, presentations, and exhibitions at the Castle, working with both Executive Director Dana Prescott and Program Coordinator Diego Mencaroni on a variety of special projects built around individual interests, experience, goals, and skills.

Hope Campbell Gustafson, Civitella Intern 2014
From Hope: "After spending the past two years in a northern Italian city, my lungs are more than ready for the fresh air found only on that hill above Umbertide. I look forward to everything about Civitella, including the porchetta sandwiches from the market on Wednesdays, dealing with the unexpected (such as ushering bats out of the castle), maneuvering the large van, and meeting and learning from all the wonderful writers, artists, and composers, not to mention the staff!"

Francesco Candelori, Civitella Intern 2014
From Francesco: “I have graduated a year ago at the Academy of Fine Arts, in the beautiful and chaotic Rome, so I moved to the pretty and peaceful ( but full of surprises...) Umbrian countryside!  Here the internship offered at Civitella was like a dream for a person interested in arts like I am. And I can’t wait to start, meet the fellows and see their works. Help as much as I can, share all I can share!”

Kate Davis, Civitella Intern 2014
From Kate: "I developed a love for Italy, particularly Umbria, during a study abroad experience in Perugia, and I have wanted to return ever since. I graduated from Bennington College with a degree in Italian and Environmental Studies. Growing up in New York City, I regularly visited museums, galleries, and performances, and have always loved art. Civitella combines my passions for Italy and the artistic process, and I am so looking forward to working there and assisting the artists. Food is also a major interest of mine, from growing practices to plated presentation and appreciating the flavors."  

No comments:

Post a Comment