Monday, October 14, 2013
Call for Interns for the 2014 Season
Civitella Ranieri Foundation 2014 Internships
Interns at Civitella are invited for a minimum of six weeks during this period of late April through November. Arrival and departure dates should coincide as much as possible with the arrivals and departures of our Fellows; however, often we ask an intern to arrive a week or two earlier and to work an extra week or two at the end of the season to help us close. Priority is given to candidates with longer periods of availability to avoid too much turnover while in session. Ideally, we seek two to three interns to cover the entire season as outlined below.
2014 dates are as follows:
April 29 – June 5
June 10 – July 24
August 5 – September 19
September 23 – November 4
Role and Responsibilities:
- preparing rooms and equipment for Fellows’ arrival
- picking up and dropping off Fellows and Guests at train stations, bus stations and airports
- giving orientation information
- assisting Fellows (visual artists, writers and composers) in their work
- running errands
- greeting guests and giving tours of the Castle to visitors
- general office work and assistance
- preparing for events, including technical assistance and cleaning up
- communicating with the kitchen for meal planning
- helping to clear tables and set up for receptions
- re-shelving and cataloguing books, videos and DVDs in the Library
- cataloguing and organizing the art collection for the Civitella Gallery
- planning, researching and presenting historical and cultural information for field trips
- general assistance to the Executive Director, Fellows’ Coordinator, and Office Manager
Skills and Requirements:
Working knowledge of English and Italian is necessary, as is a valid driver’s license and international driver’s license. Interns must be able to drive a large standard stick shift vehicle. We prefer interns who have advanced computer skills, some experience in the arts, in study or work abroad, and who are self-motivated, independent, work well in a group/team environment, have the flexibility to deal with the unpredictable set of tasks which vary from day to day, and are able to deal with an intensely motivated community in an idyllic but somewhat isolated place of work. An ideal intern should maintain a positive, willing and helpful attitude among co-workers and Fellows, and should be open and diplomatic in his/her interactions with people from diverse backgrounds and ages.
We offer selected candidates roundtrip airfare/transportation (from place of residence to Civitella), lodging and meals for the period of internship, and a stipend for incidental expenses of $150 per week. Means of payment is coordinated through the New York office.
Send a complete CV including the names of two references, their relationship to you and their telephone numbers. We request a cover letter explaining why the internship would be meaningful work experience for you. How might you best contribute to the Civitella community? What past experiences have helped prepare you for working at Civitella? Do you meet all the above requirements? All applications are due by December 31, 2013 and should be e-mailed to the Fellows’ Coordinator at email@example.com.
We review the applications in January and begin telephone/Skype™ interviews in early February. A committee will choose the finalists by the end of February, and notification is sent to all candidates in early March.
For more information see our website at www.civitella.org.